Facts of Gloria Estefan
|Full Name:||Gloria Estefan|
|Net Worth:||$500 million|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches|
Gloria Estefan is a well-known singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman. Furthermore, Gloria Estefan is well-known for her 1985 song, Conga. Amazingly, that song has the potential to become her signature song.
How old is Gloria Estefan?
Gloria Estefan was born Gloria Maria Fajardo. She was born on September 1, 1957. Her birthplace is Havana, Cuba. Her parents are Lt. Jose and Lt. Gloria. Similarly, her father used to be a Cuban soldier. Her mother, on the other hand, was a professional educator. When it comes to siblings, she has a sister named Becky Gracia.
Similarly, Gloria’s family is of mixed (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and French) ethnicity. She is of American nationality and of Cuban ethnicity. She is now 63 years old. In addition, her birth sign is Virgo. Due to political unrest during the Cuban Revolution, she and her family relocated to the United States.
Education of Gloria Estefan
Gloria, on the other hand, had enrolled in St. Michael-Archangel School for her high school education. She did, however, later attend Our Lady of Lourdes Academy in Miami.
She has a B.A. in psychology from university. She earned a degree in the subject from the University of Miami. She is very knowledgeable. In addition, she is fluent in several languages, including English, Spanish, and French.
How much is Gloria Estefan’s Net Worth?
Aside from these, Gloria Estefan’s net worth is estimated to be around $500 million. Surprisingly, she is one of the top 100 best-selling music artists. According to some estimates, she has been able to dell 100 million records. Her professional work in her songs and numerous albums is also her primary source of income.
The hardworking artist, on the other hand, has never revealed any additional information about herself, such as her salary or endorsements. Not only that, but her personal belongings are also unknown despite all available information. She, on the other hand, owns and operates a number of businesses, including a restaurant and hotel chain.
Who is Gloria Estefan married to?
Furthermore, Gloria Estefan is happily married to Emilio Estefan. The couple first met at a church ensemble rehearsal. They began dating in 1976. On September 2, 1978, they married after dating for about two and a half years.
In addition, the couple has two children (a son and a daughter). They are Nayib and Emily. Nayib was born on September 2, 1980, and Emily was born on December 5, 1994. She also has a grandchild.
Unfortunately, she was involved in a terrible car accident in 1990. As a result, she had to take a break from her career for a long time. She miraculously recovered in a big and unexpected way. She soon began and then stopped.
How tall is Gloria Estefan?
The celebrity’s height is 5 feet and 1 inch. At the same time, her weight is 55 kg. Her exact body measurements are 34-25-33 inches. Furthermore, her shoe and dress size.
Career of Gloria Estefan
- She began her career by joining Emilio Estefan’s band. Previously, the band’s name was Miami Latin Boys. However, after Gloria joined, the band was renamed Miami Sound Machine.
- Since 1977, the band has been recording and releasing various albums. It had also signed an agreement with Discos CBS International.
- Similarly, the renamed version of the band was released in 11980. Much more gradually, it may be able to become well known on an international level as well.
- Gloria rose to prominence as a result of her band’s 1987 album Let It Loose. After two years, she launched her first studio, But Both Ways, in 1989. Into the Light was her first concept album, released in 1991.
- Similarly, other albums include Mi Tierra (1993), Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me (1994). Her 1994 album featured cover versions of her favorite songs by various artists. Carole King, Blood Sweat & Tears, Neil Sedaka, Elton John, and many others are among the performers.
- In 1995, she released her second Spanish album, Abriendo Puertas. In 1998, she announced Gloria!, a hip and groovy album title. Surprisingly, the album focuses more on dance rhythms.
- It was also aimed at a younger audience. Third, in the year 2000, she released a Spanish album called Alma Caribena.
- Her most recent albums were Miss Little Havana (2011) and The Standards (2012), both of which were released not long ago (2013).
- Estefan released the album’s first single, “Cuando Hay Amor,” on June 12, 2020. In April 2020, she released “Put on Your Mask,” a parody of her 1989 song “Get on Your Feet” with lyrics changed to reflect the importance of wearing face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In May 2020, she wrote and released “We Needed Time” as a musical piece to reflect the feelings and emotions that the world was experiencing in the aftermath of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Awards and Nominations of Gloria Estefan
Estefan has received numerous awards and nominations as a talented and versatile artist to date.
She was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1983. Then, between 1990 and 1997, she was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Female. Her nominations were for Reach and Don’t Wanna Lose You. She won the NCLR Bravo Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female in a Variety or Music Series/Special. It was for the Gloria Estefan: The Evolution Tour (1996). In 1989, she was nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for Anything For You.
As a result, she won Best Tropical Latin Album and Best Tropical Latin Vocal Performance in 1994 and 1996, respectively. The awards were Mi Tierra and Abriendo Puertas. In addition, she was one of the nominees for Best Dance Recording for Heaven’s What I Feel in 1999. Aside from these, she received the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1999. In the same year, she was nominated for an ALMA Award for Outstanding Performance by Individual in a Musica Series or Special. In 1998, she was nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Individual or Act in a Variety/Music Series or Special.
For Music of the Heart, she was nominated for Favorite Song from a Movie at the Kids’ Choice Awards in 2000. (1999). In the same year, she was nominated for three Grammy Awards. Don’t Let This Moment End has been nominated for Best Dance Recording, Music Of My Heart has been nominated for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, and Gloria Estefan: Don’t Stop has been nominated for Best Long Form Music Video (1998). She was nominated for Outstanding Actress in a Feature Film at the ALMAs for Music of the Heart (1999).
In 2001, she was nominated for and won the ALMA and Grammy Awards. Her nomination was for Outstanding Variety Host of an Awards Special for The 1st Annual Latin Grammy Awards (2000). She also won Best Traditional Tropical Latin Album for “Alma Caribea.”
She was also nominated for Favorite Female Music Artist in the ALMA Awards in 2012. In 2014, she was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album. In the end, she won Outstanding Performance by a Female in a Variety or Music Series/Special for Gloria Estefan: The Evolution Tour (1996) at The Kennedy Center Honors.